Thursday, October 7, 2010

Over And Out

I have a loud voice. Now, I didn't say I had a big mouth. I said I have a loud voice. There is a big difference! Because I am hard of hearing, I know what it's like to miss bits and pieces of conversations. I know what it's like to have to ask someone to repeat themselves more then once. (Just a tip. If someone asks you to repeat yourself, it would also help to repeat it in a louder voice too. This will help greatly!) Because of this, I speak louder than most people out of habit. Sometimes I forget and people are probably wondering, "Why is she talking so loud?" I don't even realize it. (I apologize if you have ever been one of my "victims.") But for the most part, I try to keep it in check. My voice carries for at least two blocks. This I know, because every night I hollar out the back door to Landon that it's time to come home. He might be at the park, down the street playing with the neighbor kids or riding his bike around the block. I never know. (He knows his boundaries, and so far has been very good about staying in them!) So, I call out about 1,277 times and then eventually he will come bounding home.  A couple of nights ago, Tim came home with two little walkie talkies. I asked him what they were for and he said "hunting." I asked him how far away you could hear each other on them, and he said, "About a mile." Big mistake. I snatched those babies out of his hands so quick, he never saw it coming. I told him, "Those are so mine." (Now don't go worrying about Tim. I'll let him borrow them when he goes hunting, being the good wife that I am!) So, now Landon and I have a super fantastic way to communicate!Now, I am not saying that he comes running home as soon as I "radio" him, but we can go back and forth 1,277 times without involving the whole neighborhood! (Sorry about that neighbors.) The first time we tried it, I might have over done it. I couldn't help it. I was so excited to know where he was and what he was doing! When he said to me, "Mom. If you call me one more time,
I am going to go play farther than a mile from here!" I got the hint.
Sorry buddy. It's only because I love you sooooooo much!
Over and out.