Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Love Can Be A Little Messy

The bottom of our back deck is closed off with a layer of mesh, with lattice covering the mesh. There is also a nice green outdoor carpet covering the ground under the deck too. In the basement we have a ramp that leads up to the window, that goes out to this area under our deck. This is "The Kitty Condo." The cats love to be outside, just enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. I love that they can be "outside" and still be safe and not escape. The only draw back is, when it rains the cats get wet. The only one who doesn't seem to mind getting wet is Lucky. Last week Lucky (He's the wild child of the bunch!) tore the screen off and was able to squeeze under the lattice and make his get away. I should have named him Houdini. He's quite the little escape artist. As a temporary solution, I put a big yellow toy dump truck outside, next to the "escape route" to block Lucky. Then I forgot about it. Last night I asked Tim and Landon to put all the DC toys in the shed as we were suppose to be getting a terrible wind storm. It had started to rain and they were running around throwing everything in the shed as quickly as they could. The yellow truck went in the shed too, but I didn't give it a second thought. Lucky is Landon's cat. He sleeps with him every night. Lucky might get up to get a drink of water or stretch his legs, but he always returns to Landon's bed. They snuggle right back up. Once Landon and Lucky were were all tucked in "their" bed for the night, I turned the lights off, went downstairs and sunk in my chair to watch T.V. About an hour later, Landon was standing next to me. I looked up at him, and his hair, face, hands and shirt were covered in mud! I jumped up and said "What did you do?!?!" Landon replied in an exasperate voice, "I didn't do anything! Lucky did it!!" Apparently, Lucky found that his escape route was no longer blocked, and decided to go outside and play in the rain and mud! When he returned to Landon's bed, Landon started to snuggle with him and hug and kiss on him like he always does. Only this time, Lucky wasn't soft and fluffy. I started to laugh and couldn't stop. Really, I couldn't help it. It was so funny!! Landon did not think it was funny. Not one bit. He wouldn't let me take a picture, no matter how hard I begged. Both Landon and Lucky had to have baths. Landon wasn't happy that he had to take "another" bath, and Lucky didn't find his bath funny at all! I had to laugh. I love to laugh. I love belly laughs. Lucky provided those for me last night. So the mess was totally worth the clean up.
Love can be a little messy, ya'll. Oh, yes it can.