Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mmmm...Smell The Love

When I was a little girl, my grandparents had a deep chest freezer in their walkway. They kept all the normal items that people usually keep in their freezers, but my grandma also kept a well stocked supply of cookies. Not just any cookies. She always made sure to have not only my favorite cookies, but my brother and my mom and dad's as well. When it was time to go, we would all gather in the walkway to put on our coats and shoes and say our goodbyes. One of the best parts of the visit, was at the end of the visit. When my grandma would lift the lid on the freezer, reach in and hand us all our favorite cookies for the ride home. When that lid was lifted, I didn't smell cookies or pot roast. I smelled love. To this day, whenever I lift a lid on a deep chest freezer, I can still smell my grandma's love. I smell a special childhood moment. So, if you ever happen to stop by and I've got my head in the freezer.....don't worry. I'm O.K.
I'm just saying hi to my grandma.