Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another D*et Update

Well folks, I am officially five pounds away from my goal of losing 40 pounds! I can hardly believe it. It has been a loooooong, hard journey. But I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am enjoying
"re-discovering" some of the cool things (I wasn't "always" overweight!) of being a thinner person. Like being able to cross my legs without having to hold on to my pants leg. (So they don't pop back open!) And, not having my chin touch my chest when I look down. (Love that one!) I am also "discovering" some not so cool things too. The other day I was holding one of my dc kids and we were waving goodbye to her mom. As I was waving, I felt something move inside my shirt. It actually scared me a bit as I thought "something" had crawled up inside my shirt. I ran into the bathroom, whipped off my shirt, looked in the mirror and was horrified to see that I am now the proud owner of little, flapping wings on the bottom of my upper arms. Say what??? Gone are my dreams of going sleeveless this summer. I suppose I could always lift weights and tone them up. Hahahahahahaha. Oh. Yeah. Right. As I've gotten older I find that my upper body strength is getting pretty nonexsistant. Lifting weights is not an option. As long as they make sleeves, I'll be just fine. I also found another little piece of  "something" that sits comfortably in my lap when I sit down. What to do with that nonsense? Tuck it in my pants? I suppose I could always do sit ups to tone that up... Hahahahahahaha. Oh. Yeah. Right. Lucky for me they make "mid" rise jeans. I'll be just fine. I realize it all comes with getting older, and there isn't any work out in the world that can change your age. So, I am embracing my "softness" (I like that word better than flab.)
and accepting it.
My favorite prayer of all time:


"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference."

Lucky for me, I am a smart cookie. I know the difference!
Amen.