Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Through The Eyes Of A Child

Everyday, before I serve dinner to the dc kids, I make them pick up all the toys. Today one toy was missed. This was the toy that I stepped on as I was carrying two full plates of food to the waiting children surrounding my kitchen table. My body went sailing three feet up in the air, the plates and food went flying in every direction. I landed HARD on my hip and elbow. (Imagine hitting your funny bone times 1000!) As I lay in the mess, the kids were just sitting there looking at me, paitently waiting for their dinner. I didn't say a word. I got up, picked up the toy and hobbled over to the basement door. I opened the door, threw the toy down the steps and shut the door loudly. As I was hobbling back to the mess, one little girl piped up, "Hey. Why'd ya slam the door?"