Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!


I have been craving cake for months.
But, since I am on this fabulous diet, I have been putting it off.
I can make other desserts and only have one piece and be fine.
But, cake is my weakness.
I have this little red devil that sits on my left shoulder.
He is constantly whispering things in my ear that I shouldn't do.
Luckily, I also have a little white angel on my right shoulder.
She does her best to help keep me on the right track.
(Noticed the he/she thing, did ya?) 
Well, the other day the little devil was whispering over and over....
"Make a cake! Make a cake!"
I was so relieved when my little angel said,
"It's o.k. Go ahead.
 If you make Seven minute frosting
it will go bad after two days.
You'll be fine.
You deserve it!!!"
(I love it when she is so reasonable!)
Here's the thing about cake. I rarely make it when I have DC kids.
It is SOOOOOO messy!!!
But, since there were only three kids there with me,
(Once in a blue moon, I get an easy day.)
 I did it!!!
What kind of cake did I make?
Devil's Food of course.



The fun part!
The kids were in shock that not only was I making cake,
I was letting them lick the beaters!!




Me too!!!
You can't see the little red guy because I flicked him off
my shoulder when he tried to lick my beater!!
You can't see my little angel either,
 because she was too busy taking my picture!
(Come on, lighten up and just play along!)