Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cheap Therapy

I have a very close friend who is also my "Email buddy," or maybe I should call her my "Email Therapist." We can go on and on about absolutely nothing. We also vent and rage and laugh and cry about our husbands, kids, family and friends, with the security of knowing just like a therapist, it won't go any farther than our ears, or actually our eyes in this case. We call it Cheap Thereapy. Those emails are a little bright spot in my day. This morning I received a little brightness and because it made me laugh and think, I thought I would share it today. Just a little taste...I changed the names in her Email to protect her privacy, but it's a small town and you can probably figure it out.....Ahhh...the joys of small town living....

From My Therapist..

Peter and I got home at midnight. I took Paul grocery shopping, the boys ranch and to target. I had to buy him a colander, I was tempted to make him take my old one from home, but he got the new one. There are two at the lake, but he needs it now. My colanders x 3 at home, one is a huge one I use for spaghetti noodles, the other one, my Momma had one just like it and I have a little yellow one that was Mary's, that is for ramen noodles. Paul's new one is metal and it was 4-5 bucks. I had a plastic one in the cart and it was like almost 10 bucks. Why the heck am I talking about this?  lol like you should give a rip, but I felt irritated that the plastic one was double the price.....


My Response:

When I was reading about the strainers, I was thinking about my own strainers and how if Paul had been Landon, I would have given him the old blue plastic one I have, and kept the new one for myself. I hate the blue plastic one. It's hard to clean and it's starting to melt a little from the 2,345 times I've put it in the dishwasher. Then I started thinking about how the next time I go to walmart, I am going to buy a metal one and how the little one I have has a cracked handle and I really need to throw it out and get a new one. I was then wondering if my dad would want my blue one and should I toss the little one or send it to the boys ranch? Then you wrote, "Why am I writing this, you probably don't give a rip...." When actually I was very into it! Oh my, how our lives have changed....


So, obviously this Email was one of the "absolutely nothing" ones, but sometimes with all the seriousness and craziness that goes on in our lives, we need that. Nothing more than a little senseless rambling that takes the edge off and gives us a little lift. Cheap Therapy. Can't beat it. Anybody need a new colander? I've got two I'm getting rid of.