Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And I Wonder....


As I walked outside onto my back porch this morning,
this is what I saw.
Two jet streams.
One was straight and sideways,
and the other was wiggly and almost straight up.
What the heck?
I know "normal" brained people wouldn't give it a second thought.
But, I never claimed to be normal.
This is how my brain works.
All the time.
(Guess we now know where Landon gets it from!)
So, I am standing there with my coffee,
 looking up at the sky and wondering....
What happened?
Did two jets go up at the same time?
Why were they so close together?
Why is one straight and one is not?
The wiggly one actually looks like it was going down and crashed.
Did it crash?
I will never know, because I do not watch the news.
(It's too depressing.)
How did the one to the side go sideways?
Did it crash too?
Then as I was wondering, the jet song popped into my head.
(This is a problem for me. I connect everyday situations
 with songs in my head. But, that's another post for another day.)
You know the one that goes...
"I'm leaving, on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again..."
(Well, if you are under 30 you won't know it, but anyway...)
Then, because I was wondering....
"And I wonder....Why? Why? Why? Why?...."
(This one pops up a lot!)
You get the idea.
It just goes on and on and on....