Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lord, Grant Me The Serenity...

Sometime in the middle of the night, Landon decided to get up, go to the refrigerator and get an egg. He then took said egg outside, and threw it at the side window of Tim's work van. When he woke up this morning, I asked him why he threw an egg on his dad's van. His first response was "What egg?" Nice try. Didn't work.
I repeated the question and then he said, "I wanted to see if it would freeze." Now this child is bright. Very bright. He knows it would freeze. He didn't want to see IF it would freeze. He wanted to see IT freeze. Now if Landon was any other child in the world, I would have given him a step ladder, a hot soapy bucket of water and a sponge and told him to clean it up. But, Landon is a worker. He would find that job so much fun, and what would be the lesson learned in that? So instead, I told him that he would be taking ten dollars of his birthday money to pay for the car wash. Oh, how that got his attention! Landon squeeks. He loves his money. He loves to look at it, he loves to count it, he even loves to smell it. But spending it is a whole 'nother ballgame. I am sure you all are thinking I am being a little harsh here, but there is one more thing you need to know. Also, sometime in the middle of the night, Landon did something else. What did he do? Well, let me tell you. I had Laurie Karskey make Landon's birthday cake. I LOVE her cake. We don't get it often, so I deliberatlely bought a bigger one. I wanted to have a little "extra" for later. I ended up with four extra pieces of happiness. I put them in a container and put them in the freezer. I hid them under the french fries. Since I am the only one who cooks around here, I wasn't too worried about them being found. My plan was to have one whenever I was feeling stressed and really needed a pick me up. This morning was that morning. I went to the freezer to get one of my treasured pieces of cake only to find that SOMEONE had eaten all the frosting off of every single piece! That is when Tim called me to the window to ask me what was on his van. I knew immediately. I so know my child. And that is why Landon is out ten bucks. Don't mess with Momma's happiness. There will be consequences.
Oh, yes there will.


Breakfast, anyone?