Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Fools! (a little early)

I might be sleeping on the couch tonight. All year long, Tim does (and doesn't) do things that really, really annoy me. So, my one and only chance to pay him back is April Fools Day. After last year's April Fools, (Remember the frozen mashed potatoe ice cream cone?) I knew Tim would be on guard tomorrow. So, I tricked him today. A day early. What did I do? Well, let me tell you. I had a pregnant friend pee on a pregnancy test strip! (Oh, yes I did!) I had been dropping little hints all week. Like, "I am so tired." "I am a little late this month." "I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel so hormonal." Then I quickly walked away before he could say anything, because I was afraid I would laugh and blow it! So this afternoon, I texted Tim and asked him to bring me a newspaper home. He did. I then said that because I was feeling so "off" I had one of my dc mom's who works at the hospital drop off a "test" for me this morning. (I didn't say the word pregnancy) Then I handed it to him and said, "We have a problem." He looked at the test in his hand like it was a foreign object. When it finally registered, he opened his mouth and nothing came out. He was speechless! Before he could say anything though, I immediately said "April Fools a little early!!!" and snapped his picture. He then said some words that I won't repeat. Oh, did I laugh and laugh....So, I might be sleeping on the couch tonight. But, it's o.k. I know I deserve it.
And it was so worth it!