Friday, August 13, 2010

My Stuff, Your Stuff

When I was little I used to love to rearrange my parent's furniture. (I'm still at it in my house!) In every room. All the time. I also loved to organize (Or so I thought!) every closet and cupboard in the house. (Still doing that too!) I drove my mom insane! I can still hear her voice, (Slow, quiet and trying very hard to control herself from blowing up.) "This is my house. When you get your house, you can do whatever you want with your house. Your stuff is in your bedroom. You can do whatever you want with your stuff in your bedroom, but leave my stuff alone!" or she would tell me, "I can't wait until you have a child and they do this to you. Mark my words. You just wait!" I would tell her that when I did get my house I would let my child do whatever he or she wanted to with any of my stuff. She would just laugh and say "We'll see." Then it happened. I had my child. Landon. He is ten times more creative then I ever was. He is also a super duper organizer. He drives me insane! I try really, really hard not to get upset when he starts to move my couches or my tables or my dishes or my desk. I try to remember how I felt when my mom got upset with me. But, all I can feel is how my mom must have felt and the maddness of the situation overpowers me and then I tell him, "This is my house....." and then he tells me, "When I get my house....."
I am so sorry mom. You were right. It is true. Mom's always know best.