Monday, January 2, 2012

My Green Fur Balls

This morning I gave Tim my bank deposit to make for me, but guess what? It's a holiday. Say what? New Years Eve was Saturday and New Years Day was Sunday, so what the heck kind of holiday is this? The day after New Years Day holiday? Come on. The reason this is making me a little crabby, is I think I have a sinus infection. I'm never sick, so when I am, I'm crabby.Yeah, I'm singing a  little sad song. I've never had a sinus infection before, but when I was talking to my friend, Nancy this morning and she casually mentioned she had one....I had an "Aha!" moment. I'm pretty sure that's what this is. I have a lingering cold that has wore out it's welcome big time! For two weeks, I've been sucking snot (Sorry. Mucus for the prim folks.) up my nose, and hacking it up like a fur ball, outta my throat and into the toilet, sink, trash can, coffee cup or whatever receptacle is handy and near by. Kinda grossing out everyone and even scaring the cats it is. This morning when I woke up to get ready for work, (That's right. I'm working. Like the rest of the world should be doing, but whatever.) I felt like there was an ocean of snot behind my eyeballs and the fur ball I hacked up was a yellowish/green color. (Feeling like grabbing something to eat, are ya?) I can't deny it anymore. I need to go to the Dr. I need drugs. BUT, GUESS WHAT? The clinic thinks it's a holiday too! For Pete's sake. My options according to the friendly voice mail lady at the clinic, (Hi, Sandy!) were to call 911, (That might be pushing it a bit.) or head to the ER (Still pushing.) or wait and call tomorrow morning. (Yep. That's what I'm gonna do. Wait. Like a good little crabby girl.) So, here I am miserable and patiently waiting for the rest of the world to stop the three day New Years festival, so I can get on with my life! Yep. Still a little crabby. Check back in a few days after they drug me up and make life bearable again. I'll sing ya a big ol' happy song!