Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How's Your Karma?

Last year I posted about how complete strangers start talking to me out of the blue, about everything under the sun. It's like I have this neon sign above my head that says, "Tell me all about it!" It happened again last weekend. A friend of mine had told me about a mop similar to the Swiffter Wetjet, but you could use your own cleaner in it. She got it at Target, so off to Target I went. I found it right away, and while I was putting it in my cart, this little old grey haired lady tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Are you looking for a new mop?" She then proceeded to tell me for at least 10 minutes nonstop (I kid you not!) all about the new spin mop she had purchased from QVC T.V. The first five minutes that she was talking, I was nodding my head and politely saying, "Really?" or "Wow...." and thinking to myself, "Please stop talking. Anytime now... Please stop talking." Why does this always happen to me? Why do I have to get hit by the little old lady stalking the mop aisle? Then during the next five minutes, it hit me. She was lonely! I don't think she really cared if we were talking about mops or not, she just wanted to talk. So, then I stopped with the one word comments and really engaged in the conversation. I told her about my dc kids and my never ending dirty kitchen floor and she went on like a true QVC host. If she had actually had the mop in her hand, I would have bought it from her! Now, I am a big believer in Karma. What goes around comes around. I had done my good deed for the day and as I walked away I felt really good. I was thinking to myself, I better buy a lottery ticket, that was a really good deed! Anyway, also on my list besides the mop, was old fashioned clothes pins. You know, the round ones that just slide on the clothesline, no clip. I wanted to use them for my purse display uptown. (That's another post that is soon coming.) They do not exist anymore, as they are probably antiques. I am surprised they even make the regular ones. After looking at Target, Walmart, Ben Franklin and a thrift store, I headed to the last thrift store on my list to look. Didn't find them there either. I did pick up a few toys for dc though, and as I was checking out, I decided to ask about the pins anyway. Well, ask and you shall receive! The sales lady said, "I think there might be some over there in the craft section." She came back with a whole bag of them!! Karma. That's what Karma does. Next on my list was cheap green indoor/outdoor carpet for my display. (I wanted it to look like grass.) So, off to Fleet Farm I went. They had a "big ol' roll" of it for $27. I only needed a couple of yards of it, so my heart sank a little. I decided to let the carpet go, but as I was walking towards the door, I decided to ask the boy that was stocking shelves if he thought they would be willing to cut up that roll and just sell me half of it. He said they wouldn't, but I could buy the same thing by the yard off the roll on the wall!! Off the wall? What wall? I completely missed that wall. Who knew??? Not me. But, once again..... Ask and it will be given to you. Karma and Jesus. Gotta love em.