Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thermal & Flannel

I LOVE THERMAL AND FLANNEL SHIRTS. I guess it goes back to when I was a little girl and every winter my dad and my grandpa would wear their thermal and flannel shirts. (Oh, Dr. Phil would have a field day with me!) I don't know if it was the softness or the plaid colors or what. I just know whenever I see someone wearing thermal and flannel I immediatly get a cozy feeling of  "comfort." I can't explain it. My favorite flannel shirt was a soft pink one my mom had given me for Christmas about 10 years ago. I wore it every year until it literally fell apart. In Florida, where it is only cold for a month or a month and half tops, my flannel shirts lasted forever! For years, the only place I could find "ladies" flannel shirts was Fleet Farm. I would also wear the men's flannel shirts from Wal-mart. Once I made a dress out of a man's large size red flannel shirt. I sewed a big piece of white lace around the bottom, put a belt around it, added my white cowgirl boots and, "PRESTO!" I had a cool new outfit! I have a bad flannel addiction, so you can only imagine how ecstatic I felt when this year nearly every ladies store I walked into was selling thermal and flannel!! It's everywhere!!! I wanted to shout to the clothing industry,
"Finally! You got it! It's about time!!"
Now I know that it's probably only a fad and next year there won't be a thermal or flannel shirt to be found.
Next year you can find me at Fleet Farm. I'll be in the flannel section.