Friday, December 3, 2010

Fried Bologna

I had a sandwich today that I haven't had in years. Fried Bologna! (Actually, it's just browned a bit in a frying pan. You don't actually "fry" it. Think fried egg...)  On toast with a little butter. But, of course you can have it however you like. A little mustard maybe. It brought back a lot of memories. Years ago, I used to date this fella who made me this sandwich. I had never heard of it and at first I wasn't sure I would like it. (You know with that "selective eating" problem I have and all.) But, I LOVED it!! I would take one of those sandwiches over a dozen roses any day. They were so good!  My sandwich today was good, but not as good as I remember. Funny how everything tastes better in your memories. I have never heard of anyone making them around here, so it might be a southern thing.
Go ahead and try it. You're gonna love it.
Make yourself a new memory.