Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Random Acts Of Kindness

Last week I received an email from Landon's teacher with
"Random acts of kindness," in the subject box. At first I thought it was a "Christmas" email that she had probably sent to all her student's parents. Nope.
It was a very special email intended for just our family.

Here is what she wrote:

During lunch a can of pop got spilled on the classroom floor.
Landon came in like a Knight in SHINING armor with tons of paper towels
in hand to help out and clean it up.
SUPER SWEET!!!!!!!! He deserves a pat on the back.

Now if you know me, not only did that email make me proud, it made me cry. Happy tears. It's those tiny little unexpected things in life that bring out the biggest, best, happiest feelings. Landon's teacher probably spent 30 seconds typing that email, and had no idea that those 30 seconds would give me a whole day's worth of smiles. It's a very special teacher who does that. Landon's teacher deserves a pat on the back too!  When Landon got home that day, I showed him the email.
His chest puffed up and he too, smiled and smiled. Imagine if everyone took 30 seconds out of their day to simply say something nice to someone else.
Random acts of kindness would no longer be random.
It would just be an everyday way of life.
Wouldn't you love to live in a world like that? I sure would.