Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rose Colored Glasses

What is so great about having a blog is, it's mine. I can write whatever I want. Today I want to write about rude people. I think I am getting old. I used to be able to tolerate rudness much better when I was younger. It may simply be that maybe I was rude too, and didn't even realize it. The young, the naive. Anyway, it seems that lately I've been subjected to quite a bit of rudness all around me. I can't seem to escape it. Whatever happened to common curtesy? Please and Thank You? How can I help? Everyone is in such a rush to get somewhere, or they think they are so important that they just can't be "bothered" with manners right now. Why doesn't it seem to bother other people as much as it bothers me? A little kindness takes but a second and goes a long way! I was in the grocery store the other day and I witnessed a woman talking so foul to the cashier. She was so out of line and so rude. The cashier was almost in tears. I was stewing and biting my tongue, and later was kicking myself for not saying something to her. I wish I would have placed my hand on her shoulder and said "What makes you think you have the right to speak to another person that way?" But by doing that, does that make me rude too? I am sad that our society has accepted rudness as just a normal behavior. But, I know I can't change it and it's just the way it is. I know I am not perfect. I have my moments too. I am a strongly opinonated woman. I get into a lot of trouble for it too. So, I want to apologize to anyone I might have offended over the years with my thoughts. If I was rude, I wasn't aware of it and I am sorry. So, from here on out, I am going to keep my "opinions" to myself,  put on my rose colored glasses and keep my mouth shut. (I am going to try anyway.) Carry on.