Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Little Bits Of Happiness

What makes you happy? Not the happy where you're jumping up and down and screaming in delight or can't stop smiling all day happy. The happy where you just sigh and think "Ahhhh....life is good." The little bits of  every day happiness. Reaching the end of the mountain of laundry happiness. Hearing "I love you" without having said it first happiness. Sometimes life is rolling along so fast and you aren't paying attention and then all of a sudden one of those happy moments occurs. If you don't stop and acknowledge it, it will pass you right by. I love those moments. I live for those moments. Those moments keep me going. Like gas in the car, I need my daily fix of happy bits. Like finding (Tim's) money in the dryer. A good belly laugh. An unexpected compliment. Finding the last piece of cake still in the pan. The shopping carts at the store not sticking together. Landon's funny jokes. The waitress getting my order right. Discovering one more cup of coffee in the coffee pot. Someone (besides me) taking the time to replace the toliet paper roll. Now that I am older, (I would like to point out that I didn't say OLD, I said OLDER.) I appreciate the little things more. I would rather have Tim make supper for Landon and I, two nights a week, than a dozen roses every day. (Seriously!)
I like the little things. They mean a lot.

So here is a little bit of happiness today, for you from me....

Man, are you are looking good today!
You look like a million bucks!
I ran into your sweetie the other day and the compliments
were just pouring! What a great love you two have.
Did you know that your kids have been telling their friends at school
that they have the coolest parents in town?
Keep up the good work!
You rock!!!


There. Little bits of happiness. Feels great, doesn't it?