Friday, April 23, 2010

Florida!

I've been trying to plan a summer vacation to Florida in August. I haven't seen my mom in a long time and we wanted to take Landon to Disney World before he feels he is too old/cool to hang with his parents. Now yes, I do know that it is 120 degrees there in August. However, Landon doesn't want to miss any school because then he won't get a "Perfect Attendance" award at the end of the school year. How can I argue with that? So, we were going to go in August. What I didn't know is the prices are tripled in the summer! So, after talking with Tim, we decided to go either during his Thanksgiving break or Christmas break. So, all day long I braced myself for the tears and debating (Landon and I are both debaters and could go around and around for hours on any topic.) that were sure to come when we broke the news to Landon that he would have to wait a bit longer. So, I waited until all the dc kids were gone and I sat down with Landon at the table outside. I explained everything to him and was all prepared for the worst. When I finished, he shrugged his shoulders, smiled and said "O.k. Mom. I'm gonna take Ole for a bike ride. O.k.?" So, that was that. He was totally fine! Just when I think I've got him all figured out....