Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Landon's First Buck


He did it. Got his first buck, and he was quite happy about it! It was all I could do not to cry or puke taking this picture. (Now you can't tell me that tongue doesn't make you at least a little queasy!) Since Landon is quite the animal lover, I was silently praying that he wouldn't want to be a hunter. At best, I was hoping that after getting his first buck, he would feel bad and wouldn't want to go anymore. I just feel so sick inside when he is out there in the woods, with a gun. (And his dad who is known to fall asleep at the drop of a hat!) I try not to think about the "what ifs" and just let him be a good ol' Minnesota boy. But, it's so hard! I want to protect him and keep him safe, right here at home with me. Forever. Not gonna happen. He loved it! He called me on his dad's cell phone and said...

L: Mom! I did it! I got a buck!!
Me: No way.....you did? Oh, Landon...how exciting! (This is where I was hoping he was going to tell me he felt bad and was it o.k. if he didn't want to go anymore.... Didn't happen.)
L: It's HUGE mom!!! Huge!
Me: That's nice. Are you all done now? Are you coming home now?
L: Moooooommmm.....(I swear I felt him roll his eyes at me) No. I'm not coming home. We gotta get it gutted! Bye!!!!
Me: Bye...sob....sniffle....gulp....WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!