Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nice People Make The World Go 'Round...

Yesterday the UPS man came to my door and handed me a huge heavy box. I wasn't expecting an order from anywhere, so the first thing I did was check the label to make sure it was suppose to be delivered to me. Yep. Had my name on it and everything. It was from a lady who lives in Florida, who now has one of my former jobs. (She has my most FAVORITE job that I ever had!) Inside the box were several books for my dc kids, playdough, a purple dragon snowglobe, a momma and baby bear figurine, the list goes on and on. The box felt like a bottomless box! Each item was carefully wrapped and packed. Unwrapping each item felt like Christmas!! But, what is truely amazing about the whole thing is, I've never met this lady in person! We have exchanged a few emails and are friends on Facebook. (She knew from my old boss that I used to have her job. That's how she found me on fb.) The fact that she took the time out of her own busy life, to find, purchase, pack and ship this box to me, makes me think she has got to be high on the list of  "the world's nicest people!" Imagine if everyone were to do nice things for other people "just because" and not because there was something in it for them.....what a wonderful world this would be.