Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Vacation Without The Little Umbrella Drinks

I know I just took a vacation in December, but I'm ready for another one. Not the kind that involves little drinks with the cute umbrellas though. I don't want to go anywhere.. I want to stay home.That's right. Home. Why? Because I have 3,443 projects that need to be finished and some started. I have laundry to do, walls to paint, closets to clean out, (Again! Where does all that crap come from?) a garage to clean, (When Tim takes a trip out of town someday, cuz I'm tossing the whole joint!) a garden to plant.(I am taking over the garden this year. I can't look at 'nother giant weed patch for a whole 'nother summer!) I want to paint my house, (Just painted it a couple of years ago, but the paint is peeling off already! Now doesn't that suck?) I want to paint all the window trim and putty/paint all the holes in the walls from the dc kids. (Again! That's a never ending job.) I have carpets to clean and a counter top and back splash to install. (That's happening with or without a vacation!) My sweet patina shed needs to be scraped and painted and the windows replaced. I want to make it a little hobby shop for ME! But, there is never enough time. Most weekends we are off doing something, somewhere. I just can't make it all happen. I know I am home everyday, but working with 2,334 little kids all day long, I barely get to pee, (and never without someone pounding on the door because they neeeeeeed me or want to know "Whadda doin'?") So that doesn't count. I need a home vacation. Anyone want to watch 2,334 kids for a week? I'll even throw in a couple of glasses of pink strawberry milk with a cute little umbrella and I'll train the kids to wait without knocking while your in the john. O.k. the kid part might not be possible, but I do make a mean strawberry milk drink! Well, I had to try...