Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tipi

Everyday I check Landon's school journal for his homework assignments. On Wednesday, he had written his regular homework assignments and the word, tipi. When I asked him was tipi meant, he told me they were making tepee's. Since there wasn't a note from his teacher regarding tepee's, I assumed they were making them at school. Never, ever assume. Tonight, five minutes before bedtime, Landon had a little freak out because he hadn't made his tepee that was due tomorrow! Say what? He informed me that he brought home a note from school about it on Wednesday. He did not. I check that backpack everyday! But, we had to agree to disagree as there was no time to argue, and we had a tepee to make. Landon refused to let me help, and created the teepee with scraps of material he found in my sewing box, my hotglue gun and twigs from outside all on his own. I am so proud of him! It was suppose to be a small tepee that could fit on a little piece of paper. He did make it small like he was suppose to. But, then he decided to add a little special touch. It's quite the sweet little tipi, it is.


P.S.
For the record, tipi is another way to spell tepee. I did not know this, until tonight when curiosity got the best of me and I GOOGLED it. See? Ya just never know when you're gonna learn something new!