Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Neon Sign Is Glowing

I was in Menards yesterday, and I must have had my big "tell me all about it" neon sign turned on. I had a box of Glad trash bags in my cart and was looking at the floor cleaners on the shelf. From behind me I heard a woman gasp and exclaim... "Oh! Don't you just love those trash bags? I just love those trash bags! I can cram sooooo much garbage into them that I don't have to take out the trash for days!! I just love those trash bags!!" I decided to play along this time. Picking up the box, I went on and on right along with her. We talked about how great they were and how wonderful the ties were and how they didn't slip down at all! I also told her that I had a Day Care business and sometimes I had to take the trash out twice a day, but with these wonderful bags the bottoms never fell out, the odor was contained and by gosh there was even a .55 cent coupon on the box this time!! I said all this and more in a high pitched overly excited voice to match hers. People were looking at us like we were nuts. We were. But, when she walked away she was smiling and so happy. She practically had a skip in her step.
My good deed for the day was done.
If only it was that easy to make everyone happy.
What a wonderful world it would be.