Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Friend For Ole





 Tim caught me at a weak moment.
A very weak moment.
Tim and I were sitting at the kitchen table last Sunday,
 and he was telling me about a little chocolate lab puppy
that was at the Men's D.U. Banquet last Saturday.
Landon was helping Tim at the banquet and one of
the prizes was this puppy. Oh, how Landon wanted to win that puppy!
 Tim said that he told Landon that,
"Mom would kill us if we brought home another puppy!"
I shocked not only Tim, but myself when I replied,
"No, I wouldn't have."
What? What? Did I say that???
(Tim's mouth about hit the floor along with mine)
Ole loves Landon so much, it's intense.
He was so lonely this winter, with Landon in school all day.
I couldn't even let him out to run during
the Day Care kids nap time as the snow was waist high! 
He had to wait for Tim and Landon to get home.
While most people know I am not a big dog person,
I do love animals and my heart broke for Ole.
I thought to myself all winter, Ole needs a cuddle buddy.
But, I was careful to keep those thoughts to myself.
Until Sunday.
Tim pounced on it!
He called the guy right up,
 who just happened to have a few more puppies available.
So, last night we drove to Alex.
There was a boy chocolate lab, and a girl black lab.
The boy was bouncing and running and wild!
The girl was sweet and mellow and calm.
We told Landon he could choose
and I was silently praying....
"Please take the girl. Please take the girl...."
Landon chose the girl.
She curled right up to Landon in the car and
slept all the way home without a wimper.
She is such a good girl!
Ole is in 7th heaven!!
What is her name you ask?
Her name is Lena.
That's right....
Ole & Lena.