Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Writer's Block

Over the years I have written several little short stories. Some are based on the crazy, unbelievable things that have occurred in my life, and some are just a figment of my wild and crazy imagination. (I'll never tell which is which!) They are tucked away in my little file of things that I will get to someday. There aren't enough to make a book, and they probably aren't written well enough to be published. But, they might be enjoyed by Landon when he is older. Just fun, simple stories.They are at least good for a laugh or two. I haven't written anything in a long time though. I seem to have writer's block. I still have the ideas churning in my head. All the time. I could be driving to Fargo or somewhere and the entire trip, a story will play out in my head, word for word. But, by the time I get home, I only have bits and pieces and not enough to make it worth the time to sit and write it  all down. (I really should invest in a tape recorder, this dementia thing seems to be getting the best of me!) It's on my bucket list to do something with all of them though. Just haven't decided what. Until then, I will just keep jotting down my little stories and tucking them away for someday. Just thought I would share this with you in case I do publish them someday. You might think you recognize yourself in one of them, but trust me.....it's just a figment of your imagination!