Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Best Is Yet To Be

In a couple of months, I'll be wrapping up the 44th chapter in my life. In the past when I would  look back at those chapters, I would focus only on the good chapters. The not so good ones would leave me with a few would'a, could'a, should'a, moments. A few regrets. But as I get older, I get wiser and I can read those chapters more clearly and without sadness or madness. I now realize that all those not so great chapters had a purpose and a life lesson in mind for me. They helped make me who I am, on the inside. I like the inside of me. (The outside is a nonstop work in progress, but we won't go there right now.) Jobs that weren't the greatest, gave me motivation and determination to start my own businesses and become my own boss. Relationships that ended badly or sadly, showed me what I don't want in a relationship and how not to treat people. Broken promises, trusting friends with my biggest secrets and being betrayed, big disappointments, dreams and plans failing... it all had a purpose. It made me a better, stronger woman. It made me want to be a better, stronger woman. So, now when I re-read the chapters of my life, I don't just skim over the not so good chapters. I read them in their entirety, with a new wisdom, a new appreciation and even a few laughs. I am embracing it all. It is all me. I don't know what the next chapter holds in my life, but I do know, good or bad, it's still all good! The best is yet to be.