Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Folks!

As Thanksgiving approaches, I have noticed a lot of my face book friends have started to post things that they are thankful for on their walls. They are thankful for their families, friends, kids, jobs, etc. I too, am thankful for those things. That's just a given. In fact, I think I posted something along those lines last Easter. (With my own touch of humor of course!) But, aside from the big things, some of the little things that I am really thankful for are....

I am thankful when I pour my coffee in the morning, and I realize I am all out of my favorite coffee creamer, that I discover that I have another bottle of creamer on the bottom shelf that I had forgotten about. Before I dump out the coffee.

I am thankful when I go to a restaurant and I give the waitress my complicated order, she brings it back not only right, but with an extra, extra side of cheese! (Or mayo or hot sauce....) And I am sure she is thankful when I leave that big tip of gratitude!

I am thankful that even though my son is almost ten years old, that once in blue moon he still wakes up in the middle of the night and crawls in my bed and snuggles up next to me. I don't even mind the elbow jabs in the ribs or the slaps in the face from his constant tossing and turning. I'm still his momma and his momma I'll always be.

I am thankful that there are still a few good shows left to watch on T.V. that make me laugh right out loud.

I am thankful for 2-ply toilet paper. I think it's a wonderful thing.

I am thankful for my face book group of friends and family, who I can always count on to make me smile 24/7. I never have to leave the house, pick up the phone, text or email. They are just simply always there.

I am blessed.

May your turkey be moist, your potatos fluffy, and your gravy always free of lumps.
Can't ask for more than that.
Happy Thanksgiving, Folks!!