Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Olympian Gods

Landon's class is learning
about the Olympian Gods at school.


Zeus.
Zeus gets to be the king.
He is in charge of everyone and everything.
If he doesn't like something,
he has a super cool thunderbolt
that he gets to zap the crap out of people with.
Wouldn't it be fun to have one of those?
"Hey pal, you're driving a little too close to my bumper, there..."
ZAP!!!
"I believe I was next in line..."
ZAP!!!
"What did you mean you don't like my meatloaf???"
ZAP!!!
Oh yeah, I could have fun with one of those.
It's probably a good thing I don't have one though,
as I'd probably wear all the zap out of it the first week!


Hera.
Hera is the queen.
She gets to be in charge of women, mothers and marriage.
Really?
She also gets a cow, a pomegranate and a peacock.
Come on now....seriously?
Zeus gets a super cool thunderbolt, and Hera gets
 a cow, a pomegranate and a peacock???
Well, Zeus can have his thunderbolt.
If I was Hera, let me tell ya what I'd do....
I'd slap on some pretty lipstick
 that I had made from my pomegranate..
Put on my beautiful hand sewn peacock feather dress, 
complete with shawl, headband, and accessories....
(I would hire my friend Lou to sew it for me.
 My sewing skills are limited.)
Hop on my big ol' cow and ride off into the big blue sky.
While Zeus and his thunderbolt are impressive...
Hera now, that chick....she's going places!
Never underestimate the power of a woman, baby!