Sunday, January 31, 2010

Small Town Livin'

Small town livin'....
Today I did something that I have NEVER done before. I went to the store without my makeup on. Now, I know to some women that is as natural as can be, but to me....I might as well have been butt naked! It's not a pretty picture. Scary. I simply went to Homers to pick up some chicken for our dinner. When I pulled up into the parking lot there wasn't a car in sight. Yes! I put my sunglasses on my head just in case they were needed. All went well until the checkout. Three customers walked in. I whipped those glasses on in record speed! All three were people that in normal circumstances, I would have stopped to chat with. But, in my current state all I did was mumble "Hey there" as they all said "HELLO DESIREE" to me. And out the door I flew. Now believe me, my ears were burning all the way home. I can just hear it...."Did you see Desiree? What's up with those glasses? I wonder if she was hungover? Maybe Tim made her cry and her eyes were all red. Was her nose red? I didn't see it. She wouldn't turn around. Why wouldn't she turn around? Maybe she got bad news. Have you heard anything? Is Nancy in town? I bet they went out and tied one on. Yeah, she was probably hung over...."  I guess I won't know what the final verdict is until someone tells me what they "heard." What can you do? That's small town livin' for ya.