Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pet Peeves

O.k. So you know those perforated marks on your cardboard food boxes? (Your Instant Potatoes, Mac and Cheese, etc...) The ones that say "Push Here To Open." Well, I want to meet the idiot who tested those boxes! It had to have been a guy (yeah, I'm guessing it was a guy) who just happened to have a steel rod implanted inside his thumb. He probably pushed it in and said "Yeah, that's good." Then they never tested the boxes again. I think this because I have NEVER opened a box by just "Pushing Here To Open"  EVER! I have to get out my knife and hope I don't cut myself while performing surgery on the box with buns of steel. If I choose not to take that route, then I have to rip the whole top off the box forcing me to choose between using the entire box or transferring the contents to another container. (Who has time for all that nonsense?) So, once I've accomplished the feat of opening the box, band-aids in place or containers in place, I find myself wishing I had just ordered a pizza from Homers. I don't make Mac and Cheese much.