Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Got My Wings

Last night my poor boy, Landon came down with a flu bug. He started complaining of a belly ache at 8:00 P.M. and by 9:00 P.M. he was upchucking. All the way until 3:00 A.M.! Oh, what a night! I had to close my daycare for business today, (I feel horrible about the short notice!) and have spent most of the day cleaning and disinfecting. Today Landon feels much better and will be back in action tomorrow for school. I am so thankful it was just a short little bug, with everyone all around us going through it for days on end, we were lucky! On the bright side... today the mailman brought me my wings!! My angel wings!! Let me tell ya, I spent way too much time rearranging my living room to make those wings feel at home. I'm still not 100% happy with it, but it will just have to do for now. The wings are perfect though. They are made out of solid wood, painted white and chipping just like I like. The top half is covered in little pieces of painted white, chippy tin. I was surprised the wings were made out of authentic old/aged wood. What makes me think the wood is authentically (is that a word?) old?

 
The cobwebs tucked inside!!
I love them too and might just let them be.
 
 
Tin.
 
 
I decided to try the wings on the ends of my window, family picture. I do like them there, but the trunk I just put up was now distracting. I also didn't like the little chair in the corner and decided to do a little rearranging. For some reason, the pictures make everything look like it is two inches from the ceiling. It is not! It looks perfectly fine, when you are standing in front of it, so I don't know what's up with that. Might be that I am just too short to be taking pictures of things that are up high. ha!
 

 
I decided to swap the clock and the trunk. I put the chair and light on the other side and brought the tea cart from the other end of the living room down to this end. My living room is long and narrow. the worst shape ever for a living room! I have tried putting the couches in the middle of the room, at opposite ends, half way in the middle, in a circle, you name it. Nothing looks right. The room is so long that it's impossible to fill it up in the middle. It's just weird. Also, neither the big window behind the long couch or the fireplace opposite of the long couch/window are even close to being centered! It gotta tell ya, it really messes up the feng shui vibe thing. It looks a little sparse here and the pieces are all wrong. I do like the walls though. I need to go out in my shed and get some of my other furniture and change it up. Only problem is, today it's 6 below zero (for real!) and I'm gonna have to let that one wait. I'm also not gonna be able to get out of spackling and painting this round either. Ugh. Not a painter. I'm so not a painter.
 

 
The other end. I had the tea cart and a gold chair sitting there. I moved the chair to vacuum. Gonna have to find something to fill that spot too. Guess I can always put the daycare baby's swing and pack and play there for now. It doesn't matter. I got my wings! I got my wings!!! I got my wiiiiings!!!!