Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gratefulness

It's no secret I love Patina White's blog and her cottage at the Shady Hollow Flea Market in Detroit Lakes. Today, she had a contest where she was giving away a beautiful diamond (Well rhinestones actually, but still it's stunning!) bracelet. All you had to do is comment on her blog what you are grateful for. Well, 3,455 people commented before me and every single one of them wrote something regarding family, friends, or pets. They were all very nice, but after the 3,400th, "My kids are my world!" and "I love Jesus!!" they were getting a little, "yawn...." repetitious. Same thing, over and over... Kinda like Thanksgiving blessings. Now I'm not being disrespectful here, as I love my kid and Jesus too, and they were all very sincere and came from the heart. But I thought it could use a little lightening up, so I just had to post something a little different. Here's my post:

Besides the obvious...family, friends, pets,...I am grateful for wrinkle cream, good underwear, (Seriously, do you know how hard it is to find a pair that won't slide half way down your legs 3,277 times a day??) coffee and two-ply toilet paper. Life is short. Buy the good stuff! (Like Patina White's stuff!) :)

I know it's not a winning post, but I bet she was grateful for the fun break, and maybe it gave her a little giggle. I know I'm grateful whenever someone makes me laugh. And wrinkle cream. I need my wrinkle cream. I laugh a lot. How about you?