Monday, May 10, 2010

One Month Later...

In two days it will be one month into my diet. I am not doing so good. I've lost 7 pounds. I was hoping for 15. (My goal is 40.) If I was on the Biggest Loser, I would be done by now. Heck, I would have been done the first week! (Don't ya just love reality T.V.?) Now, don't get me wrong. I'm happy for the 7. It's better than nothing, but I am a little dissapointed in myself. I have no one to blame but me. I have all the excuses too. The weather was horrible, (Wet and windy!) so I couldn't walk everyday. I also believe that a family should eat their meals at the table together "most nights". So, I couldn't eat the "small bowl of cereal" that I wanted to every night. I had to eat the warm, comforting, hearty meal that I made for/with my family....(Yep. I had to.) I could go on and on. But the thing about 7 pounds is, 7 pounds doesn't even make a small dent in me! I can't see it. I can see the numbers on the scale going down, but I don't see any difference. Maybe my underwear fits better or something. I just don't know. But, I am going to kick it up a notch this month. No more excuses! I do have to give myself a little credit for not totally throwing in the towel though. I usually start my diet every Monday and by Wednesday, not only have I fallen off the wagon, I've been drug 100 feet and the wheels are bouncing over me!
But, this time I'm hanging on good and tight!
Ride em' cowboy, let 'er rip!!!