Monday, May 3, 2010

Lizi Lu

This weekend we took my purses to an Expo in Elk River.
The couple in the booth next to me, (Holly and Bill)
 had a huge assortment of
stones/gems/birthstones/jewelry/ etc....
They also had a little poodle named Lizi Lu.
Lizi Lu is a very, very special puppy.
The couple could not have children,
so Lizi Lu was their "child."
I totally get that, as Landon had five older
 furry brothers and sisters when he was born. ;)
Anyway, Lizi Lu wears dresses and bows
 and rides everywhere in a stroller.
She is older now and has a hard time walking.
But, she also has a heart of gold.
She allowed people to pet her all day long.
She never whined or barked or growled.
She was the best behaved puppy ever!
She sat in her stroller for the whole show
 and only got out a few times
 to stretch her legs and do her duty outside.
I talked with the couple several times through out the day
and we got to know each other quite well.
I don't think I have ever met a nicer couple.
At the end of the day, Holly gave me several little felt bags
 with three little stones in each.
She also gave me a chart with 40 stones on it,
what they were called, and where they came from.
She wanted me to give them to my day care kids and Landon.
Now, how sweet is that??
I wish there were more people
 like Holly and Bill in this world.
And kids like Lizi Lu.



Lizi Lu



Holly and Bill



The kids with their bags of stones.
I told them to: "Hold up your bags."
Hold them up they did!