Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Natural Remedies

So, I was talking to my mom on Mother's Day about the meds that Landon takes for his ADHD. I hate them. They help him calm down, but they are messing with his personality. He can get very emotional and it's hard on him and on us too. When I was a little girl, my mom worked at a health food store. Oh, the stories I could tell about those years! There was the vegetarian year....soy burgers, soy fish, soy everything! UGH! We also ate nuts and dried fruit until we started to feel wrinkly...o.k. just kidding on the wrinkles. But, anyway....as a result we were informed and educated on the many, many health benefits of vitamins. My mom and I are big believers in vitamins. I make Tim and Landon take their vitamins everyday and I truely believe it is a big part in why the three of us are rarely sick. I don't think any of us even got the common cold last winter! (I did catch a flu bug, but no amount of vitamins is going to stop that!) So anyway, my mom was wondering why I wasn't looking into natural alternative remedies. Hmmm....I don't know. So, now I am! I've been talking with a physician who doesn't prescribe meds. She really knows her stuff, and I am really excited to get started. I am going to try it too, as I think I might have a touch of ADD. If I don't have three or four projects going on at a time, I feel lost. Tim will be trying it too. He just doesn't know it. (He has a tiny anxiety thing goin' on, but I won't get into that here.) Maybe he won't notice that his meatloaf tastes a little different....Maybe.