Friday, September 28, 2012

Homecoming Parade

Once again, my camera has failed me. Actually, it's more like I can't wait for it to focus and therefore all my pictures are blurry. So out of 2,344 pictures, I only have a handful to share. Somehow the stars lined up and today I only had three little kids. (Landon and another would be here after school.) So, off to the parade we went!
 
Let's go!
Those are Menard's shopping bags. I love those bags. They are strong and thick and perfect for everything. I would trust those bags with a dozen bricks inside. Why can't all the other stores order their bags from Menard's bag company? It would make life so much easier!
 
 
Had to stop at Brett's and check out the pumpkins first!
 
 
Like all parades, this one didn't start on time either.
To kill a little time, we went shopping in the thrift store behind the kids here.
Bought a play dust buster and a new play dough toy for $2.00. Can't beat that!
Faith and Luca's mom joined us for the parade.
She's pregnant. Not fat. Thought she would want you all to know that.
hee hee...
 
 
Landon's fifth grade class!
One of the boy's dad is pulling the trailer.
What a nice guy.
Really. He is. I remember about 12 years ago, when I was working for Dawn and it was just a storming. I was wondering how I was going to get home, as the streets weren't plowed and it was getting deep. Well, this guy had a snow shovel thingy on the front of his truck and he went up and down main street for hours clearing out the road. Now that my friends, is a nice guy!!
 

This is Landon's class. Actually it's the boys and his teacher Mrs. Thiel. The girls were on another trailer, but I didn't know that and was too busy picking up candy to get the picture! Landon is the lucky #7 boy from the right, standing up.

As the parade wrapped up, little Nora said, "Well. That was a nice one." Yes it was Nora. Yes it was.