Monday, June 18, 2012

Back To Normal, Kinda....

When I was a teen, I spent most weekends working at "The world's largest flea market" in Daytona. My parents had a space there, where they sold little critters that my mom had made by hand, (They were cotton pickin' adorable and sold like hot cakes!) and I worked for a lady in another space selling socks. (Don't laugh. I sold the heck out of those socks and made a small fortune!) I loved every minute of it. So, selling and markets have been in my blood for a long time. I kinda got it out of my system a bit with my purses, but I was still longing for something to full fill the creative side of me. Enter, Lucky Charmed. I already showed you bits and pieces and last Saturday was the final reveal! For the last couple of months, I've worked on the items to put in that booth. It took on a life of it's own and took over my living room. Seriously. Took it over. The dc kids kept asking me when I was going to clean my living room. I would tell them, Saturday, June 16th! I burned the midnight oil, (and sometimes the 1 and 2 A.M. oil!) and I worked on it when the dc kids were napping and any free time I had on the weekends. It was exhausting! But, I loved every minute. I also knew once I had my booth full, the hard part was over. Then I could just enjoy adding a few things as I sold them and it wouldn't be so much work. That's the plan anyway....


Told ya so!
It is all gone now, and things are back to normal.
Well, normal as can be.

And....it is all here! At my booth at the Farmer's Market!



Come on. It's cool and you know it!


The Ball canning jar is from 1908 and
the wood thread spools are from the 30's!


The beer mugs were a hit!


You might be a redneck if you think "the dishwasher is broke"
means your wife has no money.


Tim made a light out of this old coffee pot.
I really want to keep this one.
Hmmm...think I just might.


The brooms were a hit!


Didn't have to give away any black cats!
Thanks mom's!


They liked it!
Whew....
I plan on taking a lot of my charming things with me to the other shows I do, and to incorporate it into our floor covering store downtown. So, even after the Farmer's Market is over, you can always find a little piece of good luck laying around here somewhere.

May all your days be LUCKY ones!!
Desiree