Friday, May 4, 2012

I Love Weeds

A few days ago, when Landon came home from school, he found me and the kids in the back yard pulling up the 3,455 dandelions that come back every year. He wanted to know what we were doing, so I explained that while they were pretty, they were still weeds and if they were allowed to turn white and blow all over the place, we would have 4,332 more next year! After the kids left, I went into the house and luckily happened to look out the window at just the right time. Landon was out in the yard with the weed killer, spraying the dandelions! (and the grass!) Of course, I stopped him and explained to him how it wasn't meant for that and he wasn't allowed to use it, blah, blah, blah....He got it. Now even though, there are now 3,455 ugly brown patches in our grass, I am happy. Why, you ask? Because it means somewhere deep down inside that "tween" little soul, (you'll have to see a few posts back the "tween" story to get this.) is my sweet baby boy who still loves and wants to please his momma! So, when I look at those brown patches in my yard, I feel loved. And I now love weeds.


It's the thought that counts!