Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tweens Aren't All That!

Life is so unbalanced. Why is it when one part of your life is going great, another one starts to unravel? The saying, "You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once." is soooo true! In February Landon turned ten. He's not a teenager, nor is he in the single digits anymore, so that makes him a tween. Honestly, I'm not digging the tween years. Having watched several girlfriends go bald tearing their hair out from their sassy little hip swayin', gum snappin', "talk to the hand," charmin', little darlin' girls, I felt immense relief thinking I was "safe" with my boy. Not to be. Sob.... I don't know what happened. He just woke up one morning and decided he knew everything there was to know, about everything and anything under the sun, and his poor dad and I just fell off the turnip truck. Not only that, he also grew pomegranate's the size of Texas! If it wasn't for the fact he isn't a cat, I'd take him to the vet in a heart beat and get him fixed! That'd teach him! O.k. just kidding there. Kinda. But, seriously....what kinda deal is this??? I thought that wasn't suppose to happen until the TEEN years! I'm a little scared to even think that far ahead. I am trying really hard to pick my battles and keep my cool, but this walking on egg shells isn't working for me at all. I have no grace and it's a darn near impossible feat for me to accomplish! I am open to any suggestions anyone might have. I'm running out of ideas and slipping midol in his milk is starting to sound reasonable. Something's gotta change soon or I might be running away from home for the next eight years. O.k. just kidding there. Kinda....Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Feel much better now. Think I'll go and pop one or two of those midols. Or ten.

P.S.
This is the post I plan on showing Landon when someday, his own child suddenly turns into a genious, just as he did. I won't have the answers, but I will let him know that taking the child to the vet is unacceptable, but to go ahead and try the midol. Can't hurt. Might help. 6,234,221 women can't be wrong.