Thursday, April 5, 2012

Buy The Extended Warranty!

A year ago, Tim bought a laptop. I had an ancient dinosaur desktop, which died about 3 months ago. While I didn't think he needed a laptop as he never, ever used my computer, I was secretly glad as I really wanted a laptop too! He brought it home and once a month he does his sales taxes for his carpet business and he checks his email and facebook account (that I set up for him!) when I remind him to check it. For the first six months, Landon played games on it daily. Then for Christmas we bought him a small tablet computer, so he wasn't tying up the computer all the time. Sometime between a year ago and today, "someone" (No one is admitting it!) dropped it or something and one of the hinges broke and one of the wires pulled apart. Why it still works is beyond me. But, it does. I almost took it into a repair shop, but kept putting it off. "Something" kept telling me to wait. (I get these "feelings" and I think it's part of why I have these little spurts of good luck, but that's a whole 'nother story.) So, the other day, I was cleaning off a shelf in the basement and I came across the box that the laptop came in. (Tim saves EVERYTHING!) For once, I was thankful for my husband's hoarder-like quirks. (There's a saying...."You're one pile away from having your own hoarder t.v. show, and that would be Tim!) Anyway, when I opened the box, I was shocked and super happy to discover that Tim had purchased a two year warranty when he bought the laptop! (He forgot!!!) So, we called it in and they said to send it in! They also said it would take 7 to 10 days for them to repair it, but I'm not holding my breath. It will probably be more like 7,010 days! I have to admit, I'm gonna miss it. I still have Landon's tablet, and my android, but I will be without access to a printer and won't be able to send my dc parents pictures and will probably have to get out my glasses just to check my email. I never thought I would be the type of person who would miss a computer. Guess I'm growing up. A little bit, anyway.