Friday, September 30, 2011

Blast From The Past

The most incredible thing happened last night. I am still in shock. Last year I posted about how when I was a young girl, I was so "naive and green" that the first time a boy asked me to go steady, I told him I couldn't because I just wasn't ready to get married! That was 30 some odd years ago. I never saw that boy again as shortly after that, his family moved to Oregon . Last night the phone rang and on the line was that little boy! Only he's not so little anymore. He's 45 and a big boy now! We talked and laughed for over 2 hours! The time just flew by. I almost didn't answer the phone because my caller I.D. said "wireless call" and I didn't recognize the area code. That always makes me think "telephone solicitor." (I really dislike those calls!) But, for some reason that I'll never know, I answered that call anyway. I am so glad I did. What a fantastic trip down memory lane! For the record, I did ask him if he remembered asking me to go steady. He did not. I'm guessing my reply of "marriage" made him block that memory out for good. Little boys tend to freak out so easily.