Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Who's On First?

Whoever wrote the book, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus," knew what they were talking about. I never understood how Tim and I could be having a conversation and be on complete opposite ends of the communication spectrum. Sometimes it feels like we are both speaking an entirely different foreign language. It is so frustrating. Then yesterday, as I was listening to a conversation between two of my Day Care kids, it was clear as day. They were playing "restaurant" and the little boy who was the "chef " was having a hard time pronouncing "burgers." One little girl was getting very frustrated with him and when he tried to fix the problem, it just made it worse. Here is the conversation:

Boy: Burgers!
Girl: Boogers??
Boy: Burgers!!
Girl: Boogers??
Boy: Burgers!!!!
Girl: I don't like Boogers!
Boy: Well, ya want some cheese on it?


Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could fix all our communication problems by simply adding cheese?