Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy 65th

I dread my birthdays. It started when I turned 30. No matter how hard I try to embrace them, to accept them with grace, I still tend to want to push them away. I am constantly thinking about how short life is. Even if everyone lived to be 100, that isn't very long. Really. It's not. Think how fast the years have flown by for you so far. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the average life span was 200? I'm not saying we need to look, act or feel 200. But, wouldn't it be nice if 200 was the new 100? Someone needs to make a pill for that. So, I've decided that starting this year, I am going to be 65. If I add a few years to my age, then I will not only look half way decent, but I'll FEEL GREAT too! For my age. When I am celebrating my 85th, the folks will say "Honey, you don't look a day over 65."  It could change my whole attitude!
And if I play my cards right, I just might make it to 125.