Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Furry Babies


This is the one and only picture I have ever
taken of ALL my furry babies together!!
I just took it this weekend too!
They all curled up and took a cat nap together.
The first time ever.


ROSIE
Rosie is my oldest baby. She is 12 years old.
 When I moved here from Florida 11 years ago,
I rented a huge U-haul with a flat bed for my car.
Rosie made the 36 hour straight
 drive here with me, my dad, and Roll-O.
Car sick.
(Roll-O was another one of my furry babies
who has since passed away)
Rosie has also been with me for many, many of
the not only special, happy moments in my life,
but also the not so happy ones.
She is going blind and deaf.
She is also getting crabby.
But, there is nothing wrong with her heart.
She has been there for me all of her life.
I will be there for her's.


CHLOE
Chloe is 9. She came from the pet store in Alex.
Something I swore I would never do. Support a pet store.
But, when Roll-O passed away,
(He got out of the house on Halloween and
was hit by a teenage driver. I cried for weeks.)
Rosie was very sad and lonely.
Since no one had any kittens available,
off to the pet store I went.
Rosie loves her.
 (Funny thing, because she doesn't get along
 with the boy kitties at all!)
Chloe sleeps by my side every night.
All night long.
When the alarm goes off, if I do not get up
within five minutes, she gets me up.
By pulling my hair with her teeth!
She is my snooze button.

CLYDE
Clyde is also 9.
He came along two weeks after we got Chloe.
One of my former bosses,
 called me one morning freaking out because
 there was a CAT in her garage.
 She is afraid of cats.
I went into her garage and called,
"Here kitty, kitty...."
Out came this tiny little bundle of fur.
His right leg was twisted and bent.
Even though, he jumped right into my arms.
He looked exactly like Roll-O.
Of course I took him home with me.
After I took him to the vet.
They put a little purple cast on him,
and $200.00 later when the cast came off,
his arm was still bent.
They said "Oh, guess he was just born that way."
It doesn't slow him down one bit.
He is also the most hugable, loveable kitty ever!
He curls up next to all the DC kids and let's them
hug and love all over him.
 His purrs can be heard in another room.
I should have named him Lover Boy.


LUCKY
There is no other name for Lucky.
He is 2.
He also has six toes!
He is lucky he caught me at a weak moment.
Landon was starting 1st grade and I was
feeling a little blue. I had taken a break from
doing DC and had an empty house.
Landon and I were talking to a friend of ours in her yard
and Lucky (who was just a kitten at the time)
happen to wander into the yard to use
her kid's sandbox as a litter box.
Our friend made a comment about how
if her husband ever caught him,
 that would be the end of that.
Boy did my heart strings pound!
I told Landon to grab the kitty we were taking it home.
I didn't have to tell him twice.
Lucky thinks he is a puppy.
He runs and jumps on everything!
He also chews on everything and picks up
 anything he can with his mouth
and drags it all over the house.
Nothing is safe.
But luckily, Lucky is very, very loveable!
Just like Clyde. The DC kids love him.
Lucky sleeps with Landon every night.
He's Landon's furry brother.