Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wings And Dessert!

 
Made a quick trip to Alex the other night.
Stopped at one of our favorite places for wings.
The Fire Station in Garfields.
Tim's brother Joel, told us about this place.
It's tucked back in the middle of no where.
Thanks Joel! 

 
Regular Buffalo for me and
Honey Citrus Pepper and Hot Buffalo for Tim. 
The fries simply delicious!
crunchy coating of "something" on the outside,
and the insides are all light and fluffy.
Heavenly. Heavenly fries.
 
 
For dessert, I decided to throw five bucks in the pull tab jar and look what happened! I love when supper is on the house and a few extra bucks are left to boot! But, here's the thing. Because it was a little busy that night, Tim and I decided not to tie up a four top table, so we chose to sit at the bar. While we were waiting for our food, I decided to buy five tickets our of the pull tab jars sitting in front of us. I like to gamble. (Not a lot, just a little and whenever we are out somewhere. Which isn't very often!) And I love winning! I have a little luckiness in me that I can't explain, so when I get
a lucky feeling, I like to take advantage of that from time to time. The barmaid behind the bar, appeared to be "in charge" of the bar. She was mixing drinks for the waitresses, and carried an "I'm important and in charge" attitude. You know the type. They don't smile. They don't talk, and when they do, they talk down to you. Like it's a real effort to speak. I wasn't impressed. But, I was feeling lucky and I wanted to buy a few tickets. So, I tried getting her attention by holding up my five dollar bill, but she kept ignoring me. I know for a fact she saw me. She made eye contact with me for Pete's sake!  But, I felt lucky! I wanted my tickets! So, I kept trying to get her attention and she chose to ignore me anyway. She wasn't busy and could have easily walked over to me and waited on me. She was standing there like she was bored for crying out loud! (I will never understand why people who don't like people, choose to be in the PR business!)  However, a waitress who was busy walked by, and even though she had a full tray of empty glasses, she stopped and asked me, "What jar would you like, hon?" Now that's what I'm talkin' about! She brought me my tickets and I let Tim open a couple, (I'm just nice like that. ha!) and I opened the other three. The last one was a winner. When I laid the winning ticket on the counter, the barmaid magicly appeared to write up my paperwork. (In the pull tab world, when you win a nice amount, it's common courtesy to tip a nice amount.) Now, there was no way in Texas that I was gonna tip that rude gal. I made it a point to wait until both the barmaid and waitress were both in front of me. I then handed the waitress a nice tip and thanked her very kindly for taking the time to wait on me. I know for most people, it wouldn't have even fazed them. So the barmaid was lazy and rude, and had an attitude.What's the big deal. Right?
The big deal is...
It's nice to be important, but it's MORE important to be nice.
Carry on.