Saturday, July 28, 2012

If You Must Know

Boy, I sure have been neglecting my blog lately. It's not that I don't have anything to post, I just don't have time! I have a million little stories in my head that I really want to get on here, (I make each year into a book, and had planned to someday give them to Landon when he is old enough to appreciate them.)  but, by the time I get a free moment the thoughts are all but gone! Can't remember a thing, I tell ya! I've got pictures, but they are mixed in with 3,499 day care pictures and I don't have time to find them. Living in a small town, when people talk about ya, it always comes back to ya. Apparently there are some concerns that I am so busy, that I just don't have time for Landon. I'm gonna put this in terms so that those who are sooooo concerned,  will be able to understand. BULLSHIT. Yes, they are right. Sort of. I am busy. Here is what I do. Every week I put in 50-55 hours as a Childcare Provider. I put in another 4 to 5 hours a week setting up/working/taking down my Farmer's Market booth three months out of the year. I put in many hours working on my new little business , (Lucky Charmed. Old, new, re-purposed...I plan to move some of it down to the carpet store after the market is over. I am also looking into a few antique type malls and may considering renting a spot. But, that's still a work in progress.) during the dc kid's nap times, after supper, and weekends. And of course, my favorite purse business (Eight years and still going strong!)  requires time too. Some weekends I stand on my feet for 10 hours straight doing shows for my businesses. (If I was a man, this wouldn't be a problem for anyone now, would it? Another cry of, BULLSHIT! Yeah, I'm a little ticked. Can ya tell?) Some weekends are family weekends where Tim, Landon and I just get in the car and go and some weekends we just stay home. Doesn't matter which weekend it is, as it always means that I am still running around and on the go! I am also a mom to my super, awesome, love of my life, son Landon. And I am a wife. So, that means I get to do all the wonderful things that mom's/wives get to do, like laundry, cooking, dishes, scrubbing, cleaning and I do it all without even so much as a, thank you. Why do I do it? Because I love it!! (Well... not the cleaning and cooking part, but I suck it up and do it anyway.)  My brain/body won't let me be a couch potato. If I stop, I will just get old and rusty and my parts won't work anymore. I just can't. I can't explain it. It is what it is. My brain never shuts off and it's constantly thinking up new things to do. Landon is exactly like me. He drives me nuts sometimes, but  I know that someday he is going to do something extraordinary, way beyond anything I could  ever think of with that beautiful mind of his. He has learned how to never be bored. He can make amazing things out of  nothing. He knows how to make things happen without depending on everyone else to do it for him. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty. He's quite the little entrepreneur. He knows what profit and loss is,  and the value of a dollar.  He also knows how to be compassionate and generous. He is a leader and a teacher. He gives his all. I believe I have done the best I can so far, to prepare him for the real world. I know it isn't a June and Ward Cleaver life. I know it isn't the way everyone else is living their lives. It isn't the norm. But, I never claimed to be June, and it works for us. Landon knows without a shadow of a doubt that he is loved. I tell him so every single day. Sometimes several times a day. I work from home, remember. Landon lives here. Just because you don't see him and I riding around town everyday in the car or at the ball games, or playing at the park, (really, he is a little too old for that, don't ya think?) doesn't mean he never spends time with me. He is here with me every day. Even when school is in session, he comes home to me. I love him with all my heart and soul. If  there is still any doubt in your mind, then you just go ahead and ask Landon. He'll tell ya. Unless he's busy working on a new project that is. Maybe ya'll should get some projects of your own to work on. It'll give you something nice to talk about.